英语对话材料(十五):
弹吉他
Todd: OK, Diana we are going to talk about your hobby.
黛安娜,我们来聊一聊你的兴趣爱好。
Dianna: OK.
好的。
Todd: What is your hobby?
你的爱好是什么?
Dianna: I have lots of different hobbies but right now I'm learning to play the guitar.
我有许多不一样的爱好,但最近我正在学习弹奏吉他。
Todd: Great. How long have you been playing or practicing?
太棒了你练了多久了?
Dianna: I got my guitar two years ago but I've probably spent a total of two weeks practicing.
两年前我得到一把吉他,但我总共也就练习了两周时光。
Todd: Did you bring your guitar to Japan?
你把吉他带到日本来了吗?
Dianna: I didn't. Actually, my brother wants to learn to play also so he's taking good care of my guitar while I'm here, but when I get back I'll jump right back into practicing.
没有。实际上,我兄弟也想学,所以我在日本的时候都是他好好照料我的吉他,但我一回去就会立刻去训练。
Todd: OK, great. Well, who's a better player?
很棒。那你们谁弹奏的更好?
Dianna: I am for sure, but I told him that if he gets better than me while I'm away that he has to teach me everything he knows.
当然是我了,但我告诉他,如果我不在的时候他超越了我,他要毫无保留地把所有技巧教给我。
Todd: Oh, that's only fair. OK. Can you play any songs?
哦,这很公平。你能弹出曲子吗?
Dianna: Yes, I can play "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee" and just the last part of the "Star Spangled Banner". Not the beginning, the beginning's way too hard.
是的,我会弹《欢乐,欢乐,我们崇拜你》和《星条旗永不落》的最终部分,前部分太难了不会弹。
英语对话材料(十六):
电视
Todd: Marika let's talk about television.
茉莉,我们来聊聊电视。
Marika: OK.
好的。
Todd: Do you like to watch a lot of TV?
你喜欢经常看电视吗?
Marika: Yeah, I watch a lot of TV.
是的,我经常看电视。
Todd: Now you've been in Japan for awhile. Do yo watch TV in English or in Japanese?
你此刻在日本已经有一段时光了。你是看英语电视节目还是看日语电视节目?
Marika: I watch TV in Japanese, but if it's on in English I will watch it in English. Yeah, I'm the same way.
我看日语节目,但如果有英语的我就看英语节目。是的,我也是。
Todd: Um, how good is your prehension? How much can you understand?
你的日语对话本事怎样样?你能听懂多少?
Marika: If it's a drama I can understand most of what's happening, and definitely the story, but if a talk show and there's young people on and there're speaking fast, with a lot of slang, I don't really understand a lot of what they're saying, although I might know what topic they're discussing, I won't know what exactly their stand is.
如果是戏剧,我能看懂,明白故事情节,但如果是脱口秀节目,并且有年轻人在节目上说得很快,用很多俚语,我就不太懂他们在说些什么了。虽然我能大致明白他们所讨论的节目主题,但我不明白他们是什么立场。
Todd: Do you think that TV is bad for people?
你认为电视会对人有坏的影响吗?
Marika: Yeah, I think that TV is bad for people. It's really bad.
是的,我认为电视对人会产生不好的影响,很坏的影响。
Todd:Why?
为什么?
Marika: Because instead of reading a book or doing something outside, or doing something productive you just sit in front of a TV and absorb bad information or things that don't really help, help you learn anything probably, although Japanese television I think does have a lot of good documentaries and a lot of informative television programs.
因为人们不再读书,进行户外运动,或者做其他富有成效的事,而是坐在电视机前吸收一些没有帮忙的信息,吸收那些你学不到任何东西的信息。但我认为日本电视节目中有许多好的纪录片和有意义的电视节目。
英语对话材料(十七):
季节
odd: Hey, James!
嗨,詹姆斯!
James: Yeah!
嗨!
Todd: Let's talk about seasons.
我们来聊一聊季节。
James: OK.
好的。
Todd: James, what is your favorite season?
詹姆斯,你最喜欢的季节是什么?
James: My favorite season is spring.
我最喜欢的是春天。
Todd: Yeah, why is that?
为什么是春天?
James: Because it's not so cold but it's not so hot that I'm sweating on the train. I can go to the beach. I can relax with my friends outside. It's very nice.
因为春天的天气不是很冷也不是很热,参加训练正适宜。我还能去海边玩儿,和我的朋友一齐出去。天气十分好。
Todd: OK. What is your least favorite season?
好的,你最不喜欢的季节是什么?
James: My least favorite season in Japan is the rainy season ...because I don't like rain at all.
我最不喜欢的是日本的雨季……因为我一点儿都不喜欢雨。
Todd: OK. What season are we in right now?
好的。我们此刻正处于什么季节?
James: Right now it is the very end of winter. It is just starting to bee spring.
此刻正是冬天的末尾,我们即将迎来春天。
Todd: What's the weather like today?
今日的天气怎样样呢?
James: Today, it's very sunny. It's a little cool. A little breezy. It's very nice. I enjoy it.
今日天气很晴朗,威风,有一点冷。今日天气很好,我很喜欢。
英语对话材料(十八):
跑步
Todd: OK, Tim, we're going to talk about running.
好的,蒂姆,我们将讨论讨论跑步。
Tim: OK.
好的。
Todd: Now, we've been running the last couple of nights.
我们前几天晚上一向一齐跑步。
Tim: Yeah, that's true.
是的。
Todd: And, uh, your much faster than me. You're a fast runner. How often do you run?
你跑得比我快多了。你跑得很快。你多久跑一次步?
Tim: Well now I only run about four days a week. But, when I was younger everyday.
此刻我每周跑四次。我更年轻的时候每一天都跑。
Todd: Oh, really. Wow! Did you run in high school or college?
哦,真的。哇!你在高中或大学就开始跑步吗?
Tim: I ran, I started when I was six years old.
是的,我从6岁开始跑步。
Todd: No kidding!
你没开玩笑吧!
Tim: And I started running and I ran all through the university.
没错,我经常跑步穿过大学学校。
Todd: Really!
真的!
Tim: Yeah!
是的!
Todd: OK. So what events did you do?
好的。你跑过什么项目?
Tim: Middle distance, middle distance which is 1,500 meters to 5,000 meters.
中等距离,1,5000到5000米。
Todd: Wow! Are you a better short distance runner or long distance runner?
哇!你短跑更好,还是长跑更好?
Tim: Middle distance runner.
我擅长中等距离的跑步。
Todd: Middle distance. OK, how far is a middle distance?
中等距离。好的,中等距离有多长?
Tim: Oh, 1,500 meters, about.
大概1,500米。
Todd: 1,500.
1,500米。
Tim: Yeah.
是的。
Todd: OK! Ah, what's your fastest time in the 1,500 meters?
好的!你1500米的最好成绩是多少?
Tim: Ah, 3.... about 3:47.
大约3分47秒。
Todd: Three minutes and forty seven seconds.
3分47秒。
Tim: Yeah!
是的!
Todd: That's pretty fast.
那真是很快了。
Tim: Yeah. I did that in high school actually. I wasn't so fast in the university.
是的。那是我在高中时候的成绩。我到了大学成绩就没那么好了。
Todd: Oh, wow, man you can fly? No I don't feel so bad when you run so much faster than me.
哦,哇,你成飞人了?那我不会沮丧你比我跑得快了。
Tim: I've been slowing down. I've been drinking beer so I don't run so fast anymore.
我此刻跑得慢了。自从我喝了啤酒就再也跑得不快了。
Todd: Yeah, we're getting older. Actually, um, I'm 33. How old are you?
是的,我们都变老了。事实上,我有33岁。你多大?
Tim: I'm 27.
我27岁。
Todd: 27. Oh, OK. So, do you think you'll be running your whole life?
27岁。哦,好的。你认为你会一辈子都坚持跑步吗?
Tim: I think so, yeah. I grew up in the woods, everyday in the woods, so I really want to get back to running in the woods. I think it is really healthy to do.
我想是的。我在林间长大,每一天都泡在树林里,所以我很想回到森林中继续跑。我想那样很健康。
Todd: Yeah. That's nice. OK. Thanks a lot, Tim.
这很好。好的,多谢你蒂姆。
英语对话材料(十九):
暑假
Todd: OK. We're back with Jeanna. You wanna talk about your summer vacation.
好的,吉娜。能谈谈你的暑假吗。
Jeanna: Sure. I went to Las Vegas, Nevada; Reno, Nevada; Tahoe, California; and San Diego, California and I went to Disneyland.
好的。我去了内华达州的拉斯维加斯,里诺,和加利福尼亚州的塔霍湖,圣地亚哥,我还去了迪斯尼乐园。
Todd: Wow! Sounds like a really good time.
哇!听上去你玩得很愉快。
Jeanna: Yeah, it was. It was a lot of fun.
是的。我玩得很趣味。
Todd: What was the best place?
最棒的地方是哪里?
Jeanna: Probably Las Vegas. It was the most interesting.
也许是拉斯维加斯。那里最趣味。
Todd: OK. why was it the most interesting?
好的。为什么那里最趣味呢?
Jeanna: It was just really busy and there was always stuff going on. Ya know, never resting.
那里很繁华,总有各种娱乐活动,你明白,那里从来不闲。
Todd: OK. Ah, for example what stuff is going on? Like, what did you do?
好的,例如什么活动,你在那里做什么?
Jeanna: Well, we went shopping a lot, in a lot of different casinos that had malls in them, we went and visited the Hoover Dam.
我们经常购物,在不一样的赌场里都有购物中心,我们还去了胡佛水坝。
Todd: Oh, wow! It's pretty big.
哇!水坝很大。
Jeanna: Yeah, really big.
是的,很大。
Todd: That's a lot of water. Did you go swimming?
那里有很多水,你游泳了吗?
Jeanna: No.
没有。
Todd: Can you swim in the Hoover Dam?
能在胡佛水库里游泳吗?
Jeanna: You can swim in the reservoir.
能在蓄水池里游泳。
Todd: I mean in the reservoir. Yeah. OK. How did you get to Las Vegas?
我就是说在蓄水池里。好的。你怎样到拉斯维加斯的?
Jeanna: By plane from Oakland to Las Vegas.
从奥克兰搭乘飞机到拉斯维加斯的。
Todd: OK. How long did it take?
路上花了多长时光?
Jeanna: About an hour and forty-five minutes.
大约花了1小时45分钟。
Todd: OK. Do you think you'll go back to Las Vegas someday in the future?
好的。
Jeanna: Hopefully.
期望如此。
Todd: OK. Great. Thanks a lot Jeanna.
好的。多谢你,吉娜。
Jeanna: You're wele.
不客气。